Custom Search

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hey all,

I've been fansubbing for 5 years. I don't recall, my first group was some VHS fansub group back in the good ol' days... 1st digisub group was with AnimeJunkies for a brief time, the big split happened where everyone left Killshok and moved to XenonFansubs where I handled distro, editing, qc'ng for a year. The final 3.5 years was with AnimeONE where I became qc'd grunt, and QC leader a year later or so. When our founder retired, I was elected as Vice-President and became project leader for many projects that I could handle.

This all occurred while I was finishing up chiropractic school and entering into med school. How I pulled it off? It helps to work with a great team who's very professional. I also give thanks to Anime Kingdom, clearly the best group I've ever had pleasure working with. We were one damn well oiled machine. Consistently 36 hours from grabbing raw to release. My other thanks go to Anime Yuki, it was a bit rocky in the beginning for AMG Season 1, but I was impressed how fast your team learned to reach our level and tolerated my constant lashings from my whip. Season 2 was nice a smooth ride... although it could have been much better without that raw capper in Japan issue. Well, I'm finishing up my 4th year of med school and entering my residency soon... for those who know... yeah, my career in fansubbing is over. I will officially have no life. What better way to retire than to finish with Belldandy.

This doesn't mean good-bye for good... I'll poke my head in from time to time. Hopefully, if the docs can bestow their mercy upon me... perhaps someday, you'll see me fansubbing AMG Season 2 OVA when it may come out next year...

Till then... enjoy our recent release of Yume Tsukai ep 3 in HD and the final episode of AMG Season 2 episode 22. We also made things easier by batching up AMG S2 1-22.

P.S. Thank you AnimeONE fans! You strongly voiced out that quality still matters even in these dark days of speedsubbers.


-- Kimura-sensei (AOne VP with an Iron Fist, Project leader tyrant, and beloved QC leader)



  1. [Ayu-Aone] Yume Tsukai 03 HD [84A7118C]
  2. [AonE-AnY] Ah! My Goddess - Sorezore no Tsubasa 22 [WS][0DE47C3A]
  3. [AonE-AnY] Ah! My Goddess - Sorezore no Tsubasa 1 - 22 [WS]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home